The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new data protection law. From the 25th of May, these new rules will apply to any organisation that processes personal data relating to an EU citizen.
GDPR is coming into force May 2018! If you want to understand more about how GDPR is going to affect you then join us over coffee and cake to learn about the consequences of the new rules, what you need to do to comply and how to prepare for GDPR in May 2018.
Date and location
Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at Polymorph Ltd, The Heath Business Park.
- Registration, coffee and cake 9:30
- GDPR presentation by our external consultant David Lenagh 10:00
- Close 11:30
- Open questions 11:30
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for processing and handling personal data within your organisation:
- Senior Managers, Directors and business owners
- Operations Managers
- Marketing, Sales Managers and customer service Managers
- HR Managers
- IT Managers, Business and MI Analysts, Information Security Managers, Solution Architects and Software Development Managers
- An introduction to GDPR presentation
- What is this new standard do we need it?
- Scope of data affected
- Key Definitions
- Data Processing
- Personal Data
- Sensitive data
- Data subjects, assets and items
- Data Controllers and Processors, their roles and responsibilities
- GDPR Principles
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data Minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Information Security
- Transfer of Data outside of the EU
- Data Subject rights
- Privacy by design and default
- Data protection officers
- Questions and Answers
David Lenagh, a graduate of Computer Science from Liverpool University, started his career within the national newspaper industry. David then went on to hold senior management positions in both the newspaper and charity sectors. Having spent his career working in heavily regulated organisations, David has had a strong focus on ensuring organisations regulatory compliance, information security and readiness for the new GDPR legislation.
To register your interest, please complete the form below.