Royal Automobile Club managed their internal communications to promote club news, events, ongoing club activities and general club information using a mainly email based messaging process.
They required an intranet to replace this process and modernise the workplace by improving communication and collaboration within the organisation.
RAC had adopted and were utilising Microsoft Office 365 throughout the organisation, so it was a logical step to use SharePoint Online as the framework for their new intranet. Polymorph utilised the resources available within Office 365 and SharePoint Online to design and develop RACER (Royal Automobile Club Employee Resource) the name given to their new Intranet by RAC. RACER provides a central hub for their 300 members and staff to communicate more effectively from wherever they are on a PC or mobile device using a web browser or the SharePoint App.
RACER has given RAC the ability to:
- Modernise and streamline their way of communicating
- Engage members and staff and attract them to a centralised area for all sources of information
- Improve collaboration and productivity
- Book annual leave, view work rotas and pay information
- Receive IT assistance from the IT Helpdesk
- View club news and visit the club website
- View, select and take advantage of club benefits
- Search for and contact colleagues
- Raise purchase orders
- Access club forms and policies
- Realise the full potential of Office 365 and use it to improve efficiencies and save costs
The Royal Automobile Club is one of the world’s foremost private members’ clubs, offering first-class facilities across two distinctly different clubhouses. The Pall Mall clubhouse, set in the heart of the St James’s area of London and The Woodcote Park clubhouse and estate, set in 350 acres of beautiful Downs countryside in Surrey.