Sir Robert McAlpine (SRM), a leading UK building and civil engineering company, were looking to migrate away from their ageing IBM Notes based messaging system to a unified solution that would:
- Offer a messaging system to support a site-resilient model.
- Provide easier access to mail for remote users.
- Allow for an improved mobile-mail solution.
- Remove maintenance of messaging system away from Sir Robert McAlpine to a cloud-based solution.
SRM attended one of Polymorph’s successful IBM Domino / Notes to Office 365 migration seminars, held in conjunction with our partners Microsoft, in their Reading offices. The seminar highlighted how Polymorph had the required experience, skills and knowledge in both IBM Domino / Notes and Microsoft Office 365 and were subsequently chosen as the team to migrate SRM’s email infrastructure from IBM Domino / Notes to Office 365.
SRM’s complex and largely distributed IBM Domino / Notes network included 25 email domains and around 18 Domino / Notes database and email servers which had heavily customised email templates, to manage information relating to specific projects.
Polymorph were asked to:
- Provisioning an O365 tenant and configuring for messaging.
- Develop and build co-existence from IBM Domino / Notes to Office 365 and provide a solution that would work alongside SRM’s existing environment.
- Migrate mail and calendars from a Domino environment to Office 365 environment.
Co-existence was set up three times – development, user acceptance testing and production, showing that Polymorph were adaptable and able to build co-existence that could handle SRM’s specific needs.
Polymorph implemented a strategy for SRM to migrate 1,500+ users for their extremely complex IBM Domino / Notes domain to Microsoft Office 365. We completed a successful email migration and created an effective co-existence phase, allowing SRM to continue with their migration process of their remaining Notes users efficiently whilst preserving a quality mail experience for all.
Sir Robert McAlpine is a leading UK building and civil engineering company. Committed to the highest standards of quality, safety and sustainability, Sir Robert McAlpine deliver outstanding projects which meet and exceed clients’ expectations.