Polymorph is an independent award-winning digital transformation business based in The Heath Business and Technical Park, Runcorn. We specialise in delivering business-critical and business transformational solutions across cyber security, cloud, software and telecoms to a local, national and international client base.
There is no question that digital technologies continue to profoundly change the landscape in which we live and which every organisation operate in. We guide our clients through their journey of continuous transformation whatever stage they are at, ensuring they don’t just survive but thrive.
Ambitious and fast-growing Polymorph are currently looking for two Second Line Systems Support Analysts. Reporting to the Divisional Manager this position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. As part of the team you will also have the opportunity to help improve the firms systems, procedures and knowledge base by contributing and collaborating.
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, and flexible in their approach to work. He or she must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate a problem appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player the candidate will have a solid background working within a busy team.
Overall purpose of the job
Working within a pressurised environment, providing a great technical service to all customers (internal and external) of Polymorph in accordance with best practice. The post holder will be responsible where necessary for the recording of incidents and service requests that come to the Service Desk via Polymorph’s Customer Portal or phone. They will also undertake corrective action to satisfactorily respond to incidents received and, under all circumstances, provide an end-to-end customer service focused approach to call management.
- Running with and resolving escalated issues and requirements.
- Provide technical support to customers in the areas that the Company supports
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Performing server health checks where required.
- Maintaining asset register information.
- Customer hardware procurement.
- Updating all relevant Polymorph and customer systems as required.
- Participation in group meetings including project handover to the Service Desk.
- Involved in occasional project work as and when required.
- Ownership of personal development and training.
- Site visits as and when required.
- Log incidents, requests and record all updates in line with customer SLA.
- Solving end user hardware, software and network issues.
- Researching and documenting solutions.
- Install, maintain and upgrade various hardware and software.
- Participate in shift rotas (08:30-16:30, 09:00-17:00, 09:30-17:30).
- Participate in Out of Hours rota.
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals.
- An ability to provide a high level of customer service and support.
- To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
- A lateral thinker.
- Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.
Job knowledge, skills and experience
This position requires solid experience and technical accreditations in a minimum of two of the following areas and comprehensive experience and skills in most of the following areas:
- Communication skills.
- Networking LAN / WAN.
- Telecoms configuration and support.
- Desktop support.
- Active Directory.
- Mobile Devices.
- Windows Server.
- Server Hardware.
- Application Support.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Office 365.
- Windows Azure.
Salary and benefits
What we can offer you:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Working hours are on a shift rota (08:30-16:30, 09:00-17:00, 09:30-17:30), with participation in the out of hours rota.
- 22 days annual leave..
- In addition to annual leave we provide leave for 12 days fully-funded training to develop technical skills and support professional development..
- Group pension scheme, after 3 months.
- To promote a healthy work-life balance we provide flexible working after 3 months
If you are interested in the role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
No agencies please.